To guarantee a development of its sustainable activity and compatibility with the local citizens, the hosting environment, the well being of its employees and the value of its activity, FIS Fabbrica Italiana Sintetici states as follows:
- It considers safety, health and environmental protection essential values in exercising its activity;
- It assumes safety, health and environment as direct responsibilities; therefore all employees, no matter the nature of their job, are required to maintain responsible and constructive behaviour with regard to these subjects;
- It commits itself, as much as possible, to respect rigorously the rules and regulations on safety, health and environment, by using the best techniques available, keeping the correct maintenance of the plant equipment and by continuously improving its results with regard to health, safety and environment with the purpose to prevent lesions, professional illnesses and pollution;
- It introduces a system of safety, health and environmental management to carry out this policy and the consequent goals, in the prospect of continuous improvement;
- It commits itself to give all its staff adequate training and instructions so that they are aware and informed about the activities they are doing and the consequences of their behaviour on safety, health and the environment;
- It undertakes an attitude of maximum transparency and availability towards the citizens and their representative institutions with the aim of creating and establishing an atmosphere of reciprocal trust and collaboration in the context in which the firm operates;
- It commits itself to stimulate its suppliers and contractors in the best way, so that they adhere to the principles on which its policy is based.
In particular FIS commits itself to the following:
- to evaluate periodically the risks of relevant accidents due to its activities, starting from the risks of relevant incident, to identify the objectives of safety and to define the consequent programs with the aim to improve continuously the working safety conditions on the site;
- to actively involve the entire site organization, managers, directors, workers and their representatives in managing safety, everybody according to his own expertise and function;
- to ensure the control of any possible emergency through adequate plans and in close coordination with the competent Authorities, also in connection with the need to inform the citizens.
All employees are requested to conform to the present policy in letter and in spirit.
The responsibility, the behavior and the attitudes towards the Safety, Health and Environment aspects constitute an integral part of everyone’s duty and they are therefore meaningful elements in judgment of the performances of each employee.